Waterfront Sarasota estate on the market for nearly $20 million
The home was built in 2018.
Business Observer Staff
| 2:36 p.m. February 20, 2021
CASEY KEY — A waterfront resort-like estate on Casey Key, including 120 feet of direct Gulf frontage, has hit the market for $19.9 million. It’s the most expensive listing in Sarasota County, according to MLS data.
The property, 1900 Casey Key Road, is on 3.5 acres between the Gulf of Mexico and Sarasota Bay, with more than 1000 feet of bay frontage, the release states. Designed by Naples-based Stofft Cooney Architects and built by Sarasota homebuilder Michael K. Walker in 2018, the home has nearly 9,600 square feet of indoor/outdoor living space in the primary residence. A separate guest house/party pavilion has 2,320 square feet of living space that includes more than 1,600 square feet of covered outdoor entertainment area, the release adds. A canopied nature preserve leads to two private beaches on the Bay and the property includes drive-through garage with room for at least 10 cars.
Premier Sotheby’s International Realty agent Joel Schemmel is the agent listing the home. “This remarkable estate is the perfect marriage of artistry and functionality,” Schemmel says in the release. “A tranquil oasis, every aspect was designed to maximize its jaw-dropping views and usability for family and friends. It also offers a rare opportunity to own a private Gulf-to-Bay property with significant acreage on Casey Key.”
The owners of the home are Daniel and Shannon Connors and a trust in the name of Shannon M. Connors, according to Sarasota County property records. The Connors sold a home down the street, at 1808 Casey Key Road, in September 2017 for $6.55 million, according to a previous story in the Sarasota Observer, sister paper of the Business Observer.
Other features of the 1900 Casey Key Road home include:
• It’s framed by 12-foot ceilings and walls of glass, showcasing turquoise water views from every room;
• A chef’s kitchen;
• His-and-her offices;
• A master wing with its own family room, terrace and boutique-style closets;
• Custom millwork, hardwood flooring and exotic marble and stone;
• A second-floor guest retreat with four bedrooms, a Gulf-to-Bay lounge and two expansive terraces with water views;
• An Olympic size saltwater pool, spa, fire pit and bocce ball court;
• A fully automated Lutron smart-home lighting system, security and fire detection system; and