Even in today's digital world, voice communication via phone is important. With people increasingly communicating by text or email, a phone call with another person stands out among the many interactions throughout the day.
Even in today's digital world, voice communication via phone is important. With people increasingly communicating by text or email, a phone call with another person stands out among the many interactions throughout the day. This is especially true when working with potential clients and customers. But, talking on the phone can also be time consuming and can distract you from completing other tasks. A Michigan State University study found that brief interruptions (as short as 2.8 seconds - the equivalent of a text alert or telephone ring) doubles the rate of work errors following the interruption.
By using Unified Communications (UC), your workforce can easily collaborate while staying connected and being productive. Unified Communications is a cloud-based communications solution that incorporates voice, video, instant messaging and presence, and desktop sharing into one platform.
Here are five reasons for using a UC solution:
1. Improve Employee Efficiencies. Today's workplaces are increasingly dynamic and need the efficiencies UC provides. The average worker spends half their day on overhead tasks; handling unwanted communications; contacting people; finding information. With UC, we're able to do more. With the right tools, collaboration is convenient and simple.
2. Reduce Costs. Meetings can be extremely time consuming, and it can also be costly to travel off-site. While the benefits of using video conferencing are well known, it's even easier and more cost efficient to use video through a UC solution. Work from anywhere, reach out in real-time, and seamlessly move from a simple chat conversation to voice or video with a single click. This helps to eliminate the cost and hassle of dealing with multiple vendors, as well as streamlining processes by only having one platform that handles all employee communication needs.
3. Enable Mobility and BYOD. The lines between work and personal have become increasingly blurred. Today, companies are accepting the fact that it's a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) world. The majority of employees consider mobile working to be a right and many prefer not to be tethered to a desk or even home office. With a UC solution, you can securely separate work and personal information. With only one phone number for all of your devices, your work and personal information remains separate and secure, while you remain reachable.
4. Improve Customer Communications. By enabling real-time communication and collaboration via multiple channels including voice, video, desktop sharing and instant messaging, UC accelerates and enriches information gathering and sharing, speeds issue resolution and drives agile decision-making. This ultimately leads to a more efficient workforce, capable of resolving customer queries faster.
5. Streamline New Employee Setup. Hiring a new employee will ultimately increase your organization's productivity, but getting your new hire set up on your network can be time consuming and expensive, especially with a traditional phone system. Instead of having to install a new line or have a technician switch the number, UC allows you to quickly add or remove new employees on a seat-by-seat basis through an intuitive self-administration portal.
For more information about Unified Communications from Bright House Networks Enterprise Solutions, visit http://enterpriseinfo.brighthouse.com/Giant-media-unified-communications