The Community Foundation of Sarasota County recently appointed new members and elected officers to its 2021-22 board of directors.
The board is responsible for governing the organization, its charitable investments and strategic decision-making. The 2021-22 elected officers include:
- Daniel DeLeo, partner with Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, was appointed as chair.
- Marilyn Thompson, retired human resources executive and chair of the Community Foundation’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force, will serve as vice chair.
- Andrew Stultz, president and owner of Atlas Building Company of Florida, will continue serving as treasurer.
- William Seider, partner with Williams Parker Harrison Dietz & Getzen, will continue as secretary.
The Community Foundation of Sarasota County is a public charity founded in 1979 by the Southwest Florida Estate Planning Council as a resource to make a charitable impact on the community, according to a press release. The foundation’s assets total around $421 million.
Jeff Troiano, a partner at Williams Parker Harrison Dietz & Getzen, was welcomed as a new board member. He will serve a three-year term.
Continuing their duties as board members are:
- C.J. Fishman.
- Paul Hudson, reelected for a second three-year term.
- John Humphrey.
- Donna Koffman.
- Rodney Linford.
- Rev. Kelvin Lumpkin.
- Nelle Miller
- Drayton Saunders.
- Felice Schulaner, reelected for a third three-year term.
- Mercedes Soler.
- Dr. Janet Taylor.
- Lynn Wentworth.
- Judge Charles Williams.
- Mary Lou Winnick.