Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Corporate Report: April 5


  • By
  • | 7:44 a.m. April 5, 2013
  • | 2 Free Articles Remaining!
  • Strategies
  • Share

Transfer Technology International changes name and focus
The management of Tampa-based Transfer Technology International Corp. has decided to shift its focus to property maintenance services, and change its name to Enviro-Serv Inc.

Through investments, joint ventures and acquisitions, the company plans to build a portfolio of property maintenance services companies concentrated in warm-climate states. These companies will include pest control management, lawn and landscaping care, pool maintenance, air-conditioning/refrigeration installation and services and other onsite maintenance offerings.

SBA's South Florida District honors local business professionals
The U.S. Small Business Administration South Florida District honored a number of local companies at its annual Small Business Week Awards.

John Diaz, president of Tampa-based Impact Industrial Supplies, was named the Minority Owned Small Business Person of the Year.

Tammy Youst, vice president and SBA manager for Achieva Credit Union in Largo, received the Financial Services Advocate of the Year award.

Daniel Scott, associate director of Sustainable Entrepreneurship & Innovation Alliance at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg College of Business, was recognized with the Small Business Advocate of the Year.

A panel of local business advocates, SCORE Miami resource partners and SBA lenders judged the awards. State and national winners will be announced April 15.

Water Resource Associates change name to WRA
Tampa-based Water Resource Associates has changed its name to WRA. Founded in 1997, WRA is an engineering firm specializing in civil engineering, land development and permitting, water supply planning and permitting, environmental sciences and military training range design.

WRA principal Mark Farrell says that over the years the firm has broadened itself significantly from its water-resource management roots, but that its name hasn't kept up with that change.

“The name change to WRA was necessary to broaden the awareness of our true capabilities,” Farrell says in a news release. “Even after all this time and completion of numerous and complex site/civil projects, many of our industry contacts are surprised when they learn that our capabilities run far deeper than water resource management.”

Polish investor group signs deal for Evolucia's European distribution
Sarasota-based Evolucia Inc. has finalized a joint venture with Warsaw, Poland-based private LED investor group SETE Sp. z o.o. to work together to manufacture, market and sell Evolucia's energy-efficient LED lighting products throughout Europe under the Evolucia brand name.

Under the joint venture agreement, a new entity called Evolucia Europe Sp. z o.o. will be created, with Evolucia Inc. holding a 51% ownership share and SETE holding the remaining 49% ownership.

SETE has agreed to pay Evolucia $11 million by Aug. 31 for the manufacturing and distribution rights to European markets. Production of the Evolucia LED Aimed Optics fixtures is scheduled to begin this year from a manufacturing facility in Radom, Poland.

“This agreement signals the start of an international expansion for our company,” Mel Interiano, Evolucia CEO, says in a news release. “This critical $11 million investment allows us to leverage key strengths in order to build a world class global lighting organization capable of supporting what we believe will be significant revenue growth in the short term with the ability to expand over the long term.”

Arkadiusz Pietrzykowski has been named president of the Warsaw, Poland-based Evolucia Europe and will report to Interiano.

Ironman operator signs supplement deal with Advanced Bio's X(2)Performance
World Triathlon Corp., the Tampa-based owner and operator of the Ironman Series, has agreed to make for X(2)Performance by Advanced Bio Development LLC the official sports supplement of the 2013 Ironman U.S. Series endurance races.

X(2)Performance will also be the presenting sponsor for the 2013 U.S. Pro Championship at the Ironman 70.3 St. George triathlon May 4 in St. George, Utah, and the Ironman 70.3 Boulder triathlon on Aug. 4 in Boulder, Colo.

 

Latest News

×

Special Offer: $5 for 2 Months!

Your free article limit has been reached this month.
Subscribe now for unlimited digital access to our award-winning business news.
Join thousands of executives who rely on us for insights spanning Tampa Bay to Naples.