Westfield Brandon has added 11 new tenants to roster, a mix of the familiar and the brand new
BRANDON —Who said malls were dead?
Not anyone who’s shopping at Westfield Brandon in the past couple of months.
The suburban Tampa mall is in the process of adding 11 new tenants to its roster of stores and the names on the list range from typical mall fare to the unusual.
The new tenant mix is an example of the steps malls nationwide are having to take to stay relevant and engage shoppers as buying habits change. For nearly a decade now, malls have been moving away from the traditional model of department store anchors taking the bigger, outside spots while the interior was filled by mostly national chain stores and restaurants.
The new tenant mix at malls includes previously stand-alone retailers stores that take big chunks of square footage —Dick’s Sporting Goods in several — and retailers you’d never imagined opening in a shopping mall — Whole Foods Market at Countryside Mall. The middle is usually a mix of the familiar and brand new with a sprinkle of the curious.
A spokeswoman for Westfield Brandon says in an email that “the pandemic has accelerated this transition.”
Here’s a list of the 11 new tenants either already opened or opening soon at Westfield Brandon:
- FYE — Entertainment and pop culture merchandise.
- Charlotte Russe — A returning retailer that offers clothing, footwear and accessories trends.
- The Pampered Peach —A wax bar that uses speed waxing techniques along with a proprietary blend of wax.
- DAZ Hijab — Started by three sisters, the store offers a variety of hijabs, clothing and accessories.
- Avis Car Rental — A full-service car rental agency.
- Adore Cosmetics — Offers organic skin care products that are mostly powered by stem cells from plants.
- Swaidan — Urban styles, including jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, hats, belts and accessories.
- Mintwist — A juice bar offering combinations of fruits and vegetables from South America.
- Luxx Vanity —Sells floor mirrors to vanity stations.
- Dream Diamonds — Specializes in custom jewelry and luxury watches.
- Re-Bath — A bathroom remodeling company.