The clinicians have a combined 129 years of experience working with Sarasota Memorial Hospital
SARASOTA — As the Sarasota Memorial Hospital—Venice campus prepares to open, 13 physicians have been selected to serve on the Medical Executive Committee.
The committee represents the inaugural team of physician leaders spread across various specialities. The announcement comes as the hospital is preparing to open this month. A press release states the leaders will be critical in overseeing patient safety and maintaining professional performance amid the medical staff at the Venice campus.
The medical staff at both Sarasota and Venice campuses will be under the direction of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System Chief Medical Officer Dr. James Fiorica, SMH-Sarasota Associate Chief Medical Officer Dr. Joseph Seaman and SMH-Venice Associate Chief Medical Officer Dr. Kyle Garner.
"They are all outstanding clinicians with a combined 129 years of experience working with SMH," says Fiorica in the statement. "We feel confident that their vision and leadership will ensure a successful opening of the new hospital and reflect Sarasota Memorial's longstanding commitment to provide high-quality, patient-centered care."
The following physicians were selected to serve the two-year term on the committee:
- Chief of Staff Dr. Christopher Jefferson, family medicine.
- Secretary/Treasurer Dr. Noel Maun, hematology oncology.
- Department of Medicine Chair Dr. Heidi Goedicke, pulmonary critical care.
- Department of Medicine Chair Elect Dr. Ravi Kondapalli, gastroenterology.
- Department of Surgery Chair Dr. Issam Halaby, general surgery.
- Department of Surgery Chair Elect Dr. Gregory Lomas, urology.
- Department of Special Services Chair Dr. Ryan Snitowsky, emergency medicine.
- Department of Special Services Chair Elect Dr. Heitor Okanobo, diagnostic radiology.
- Department of Women and Children Chair Dr. Susan Mihm, pediatric general medicine.
- Department of Women and Children Chair Elect Dr. Yusif Addae, obstetrics/gynecology.
- At-Large Member Dr. Lorraine Cho-Chung-Hing, nephrology.
- At-Large Member Dr. Mary vonWaldner, anesthesiology.
- At-Large Member Dr. John Wassenaar, internal medicine/pediatrics.