With five full months to go before 2023 ends, one Naples real estate firm has already topped $2 billion in sales for the year. And that’s before July even began.
John R. Wood Christie’s International Real Estate says that through the end of June it has closed 3,207 deals with a sales volume of $2.557 billion. The firm says the Southwest Florida Multiple Listing Service shows its nearest competitor dollar wise is $687 million behind it and that its nearest competitor in the number of closed deals is 570 transactions behind.
In a press release, the firm says the MLS shows that it holds the top spot in closed sales volume in the Naples, Bonita Springs-Estero, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach and Pine Island-Matlacha markets.
Among its biggest sales this year are:
- 1672 Galleon Drive in Port Royal, the most expensive single-family property sold in Collier County this year and the fifth highest residential sale ever in Collier, which sold for $46.8 million.
- 1050 Gulf Shore Blvd. S., a 0.47-acre property with 114 feet of beach frontage on the Gulf of Mexico, which sold for $19 million.
- 525 Admiralty Parade W., a five-bedroom, five-bath 6,728 square foot property, which sold for $14.9 million.
- 800 17th Ave. S., a five-bedroom, six-bath single-family home, which sold for $12.1 million.
- 128 Bayview Ave., a three-bedroom plus den, four-bath single-family home, which sold for $10 million.
John R. Wood Christie’s International Real Estate was founded in 1958 and is consistently the No. 1 firm in market share in the market that includes Collier and Lee counties. The firm has 23 offices in Southwest Florida and employs 750, including agents and staff.
It’s been affiliated with Christie’s since 2022.
Earlier this year it was ranked No. 22 among independent companies in the 2023 RealTrends 500 Brokerage Rankings after posting sales of $4.5 billion on 5,001 transactions in 2022.