Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik was named Ernst & Young's 2016 lifetime achievement honoree for the state of Florida.
Vinik was among a list of Gulf Coast business leaders that were recognized as EY Entrepreneur of the Year finalists, according to a statement. Now in the 30th year of its award program, Ernst & Young recognizes entrepreneurs in more than 145 cities.
Vinik and 30 other entrepreneurs were named Florida finalists this year. These are the other Gulf Coast business leaders that made the list:
• Jim Resch, CEO of Gulfeagle Supply, Tampa
• Nicholas James Reader, co-founder and CEO of PDQ, Tampa
• Norman Worthington, CEO of Star2Star Communications LLC, Sarasota
• Jerry Fowden, CEO of Cott Corp., Tampa
• Manish Patel, CEO of Benzer Pharmacy, Tampa
• Louis Bruno, president of Bruno Air Conditioning, Bonita Springs
• Thomas E. Wallace, CEO of RedVector, Tampa
Finalists were graded in areas including innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities, the statement says. The award winners will be announced on Thursday, June 9 at the Straz Center in Tampa. Click here to view the full list.