GULF COAST — EY, the new name for accounting firm Ernst & Young, has announced the finalists for its Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Florida and it includes 10 well-known Gulf Coast business leaders.
In its 28th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in more than 140 cities and 50 countries. Regional award recipients go on to compete at the national level. Award recipients in several national categories, as well as the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year overall award winner, will be announced in Palm Springs, Calif., on Nov. 15.
Florida Award recipients will be announced at an event on June 12 at the Hilton Orlando.
“These finalists were selected from 70 nominations by a panel of independent judges,” Greg Rosica, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Florida program partner says in a press release. “Collectively, these finalists grew their employment by 19% and their revenues by nearly 32% between 2011 and 2013.”
The award program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in a number of areas including innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
This year, Stuart Miller, CEO of Lennar Corp in Miami, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The Gulf Coast finalists are:
- Health Care category, Jeff W. Bak, president and CEO, HealthPlan Services Inc., Tampa
- Distribution and Manufacturing category, Michael Benstock, CEO Superior Uniform Group Inc., Seminole
- Technology category, Barry Shevlin, CEO, Vology, Oldsmar
- Family Business category, Michael A. Wynn, president, Sunshine Ace Hardware, Bonita Springs
- Technology category, Arnie Bellini III, CEO, and David Bellini, chief operating officer, ConnectWise, Tampa
- Retail and Consumer Products category, Todd Christopher, founder and CEO, Vogue International, Clearwater
- Emerging category, Bobby Harris, president and CEO, BlueGrace Logistics, Riverview
- Services category, Scott V. Dols, CEO, Big Truck Rental LLC, Tampa
- Family Business category, Larry C. Morgan, CEO, Morgan Family Ventures, Tampa
- Retail and Consumer Products category, Mark B. Pentecost, president and CEO, It Works!, Bradenton