Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

$39.9 million - The Forum at Fort Myers and Northpoint Shopping Center

  • By
  • | 10:00 a.m. December 26, 2014
  • | 2 Free Articles Remaining!
  • Charlotte–Lee–Collier
  • Share

A joint venture of DDR Corp. and an affiliate of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII purchased the 458,394-square-foot The Forum at Fort Myers for $29.4 million and Northpoint for $10.5 million.

LOCATION: 9322 and 9360-9390 Dynasty Drive and 3230-3274 and 3330 Forum Blvd., Fort Myers (Forum) and 1803, 1811-1847 and 1851 N.E. Pine Island Road, Cape Coral (Northpoint)

DETAILS: The Forum features Target, Books-A-Million, Petco, The Home Depot, Ross Dress for Less and Bed Bath & Beyond. Vacancies include a 30,162-square-foot former Best Buy space and three smaller spaces ranging from 2,812 to 1,097 square feet.

Bed Bath & Beyond, PetSmart and A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts anchor Northpoint. Other tenants include Mattress Firm, Subway, Verizon Wireless and Ruby Tuesday. The center includes a vacant 30,253-square-foot former Circuit City space and three roughly 1,400-square-foot empty tenant spaces.

The sales were done as part of a 71 shopping center portfolio sale from American Realty Capital Properties Inc. for $1.93 billion. The portfolio also included centers in Los Angeles, Houston, Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington D.C. and Phoenix.

Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII, a real estate fund managed by Blackstone on behalf of its investors, owns 95% of the equity of the joint venture, and DDR owns the remaining 5%.


Latest News


Special Offer: Only $1 Per Week For 1 Year!

Your free article limit has been reached this month.
Subscribe now for unlimited digital access to our award-winning business news.
Join thousands of executives who rely on us for insights spanning Tampa Bay to Naples.