SARASOTA — The Economic Development Corp. of Sarasota County interviewed 10 candidates for its available position of president and CEO this week.
The EDC's search follows from longtime EDC leader Kathy Baylis' resignation from those roles, announced at the end of 2010 and effective in June of this year.
The candidates most recently considered were:
• Michelle Bauer, founder and chief strategist at St. Petersburg-based Common Language Inc.;
• Rodney Carson, director of economic development for the Central Florida Development Council in Polk County;
• K. Michael Chen, president of Tampa-based Urban Development & Mobility Solutions;
• Mark Huey, economic and urban development administrator for the City of Tampa;
• Paul Krutko, chief development officer for the City of San Jose;
• Jon Maynard, president and CEO of the Greater Starksville Development Partnership (in Mississippi);
• Tammie Nemecek, president and CEO of the Economic Development Council of Collier County;
• Lynn Sand, vice president of external relations at the Orlando Science Center;
• Lavern Squier, senior vice president at the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce (in Kansas); and
• Charles Wood, former economic development director for the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.