Gov. Charlie Crist appointed five individuals to the Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council for Region 9:
• Pat Carroll, a member of the Collier County School Board residing in Naples;
• Mel Karau, a retired citizen of Fort Denaud;
• Felipe ColÃ³n, a financial advisor with Wells Fargo in Sarasota;
• Shannon Hall, a retired citizen of Moore Haven; and
• Michael Grant, president of Grant Medical Transportation in Port Charlotte.
Carroll and Karau have been re-appointed, while ColÃ³n, Hall, and Grant replace David Farley, Alan LeBeau Sr., and Edward Elkowitz. Each appointee will serve on the council until Oct. 1, 2012, except for Karau, whose term will last until June 2012.