Lawyers and law firms venturing into the digital landscape rec-ognize the benefits of a digital marketing plan that incorporates search engine optimization, Goo-gle ads, and social media. But there are a few key points that lawyers should know before they finalize an overall strategy for their digital approach.
In today’s digital world, law firms have one of the highest costs per click for keywords on Google Ads. Yet because of the sheer number of competitors fighting for visibility, the medium continues to be an attractive way to gain new clients.
Ken Newman, CEO of DMA (Digital Marketing Agency) recommends that before lawyers embark on a plan of paid Google ads, they should first maximize all that Google gives away for free. Following are a few suggestions to ensure maximization of local SEO:
- Optimize your Google My Business Page from top to bottom
- Increase visibility by asking customers to leave a review on Google
- Optimize your website to include schema about your lo-cation and practice areas
- Create Service Pages to maximize local visibility for each of your practice areas
- Connect with all local associations of which you are a member and ask them to link to your site for relevant local links
- Track local keyword searches, impressions and clicks inside Google Search Console.
Once the law firm has exhausted all of those options, decision makers or digital marketing partners can determine if it is still necessary to move forward with paid ads. At that point, a digital plan might include a pay per click strategy to increase lead volume. For example, a banner ad that appears on the top of the Google page will bring the law firm to top of mind.
There are also social media strategies that may be effective – for example, Facebook ads with specific geographic and demographic targeting, and targeted content that directs online searches to the lawyer’s site.
Remember to build a digital archive of meaningful content – white papers, relevant articles, blog posts and more can be used to bring a well thought out digital marketing plan to life.
About DMA (Digital Marketing Agency): DMA has offices world-wide. An experienced staff of 30 experts identifies and solves on-line marketing issues for businesses who want to effectively market their services online. The Naples office is located at 3510 Kraft Road.
For more information on DMA’s team and services, call 800-569-2754 or visit: DigitalMarketingAgency.com