PPi Technologies Group in Sarasota is one of the overall winners.
The west coast of the state was well-represented at the third annual Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence Awards banquet ceremony, held in Orlando in late May.
The Florida Sterling Council and FloridaMakes collaborated on the statewide awards, which recognize high performing manufacturers. Companies, according to a statement, were judged on leadership, strategy, customer and market focus, measurement, analysis and knowledge management, workforce and operations. Winners from the region include:
• Sarasota Medical Products: Firm, which manufactures ostomy accessories, ostomy pouches, laminate rolls and wound care products, is a runner-up in the independent companies with up to 25 employees category;
• Custom Manufacturing & Engineering: Pinellas Park company, manufacturer of a wide range of electrical and electromechanical assemblies, is a runner-up in the independent companies with up to 26-50 employees category;
• PPi Technologies Group: Sarasota company manufactures stand-up pouches, vial and tray solutions. Winner in the independent companies with up to 51-125 employees category;
• Tampa Tank/Florida Structural Steel: Gibsonton business, which manufactures and fabricates storage tanks, ASME pressure vessels, movable steel bridges, customized steel/stainless steel products and towers, is a winner in the independent companies with more than 125 employees category
• Shaw Development: Bonita Springs firm designs, develops and manufactures customized fluid management solutions. Runner-up in the independent companies with more than 125 employees category; and
• PGT Innovations: Venice-based manufacturer of impact-resistant windows and doors is the runner-up in the corporate-backed companies with more than 200 employees category.
Winners were chosen from among 33 award finalists, the release states, and 110 manufacturers were nominated. A public/private nonprofit, the Florida Sterling Council was founded in 1992.