Newsmakers is available free of charge.
• Sarasota Business Center hired Tony Dunfee as director of sales.
• Dr. Anthony Gambino, chair of the Manatee Community College's natural science department, received a 2005 International Exemplary Leadership Award from the Chair Academy.
• Heidt & Associates named Walter G. Fluegel as director of planning.
• Raymond James Financial Services Inc. hired Antonio Gomes as a financial adviser.
• H&R Block Financial Advisors announced that Jakey Winters, associate vice president of investments, achieved the status of Gold Elite Advisor.
• Bruce Williams Homes named Sharon Albrecht an assistant community relations director. Albrecht previously owned and operated her own business in Philadelphia.
With Pic • Neal Communities Land Development Inc. announced that Dale Weidemiller has been named president.
With Pics• Kitchner & Pierro Co. Inc. hired Laurissa Langley and Sharon Wygonik as account managers. Josh Kitchner was also named a vice president.
• Atlas Insurance announced that Thomas Kochis has become a partner.
With Pic • Williams, Parker, Harrison, Dietz & Getzen honored George A. Dietz for his 50th anniversary with the firm.
• Katherine Reardon, a broker associate at Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate Inc.'s University Parkway office, was appointed to the board of directors of the Florida Association of Realtors by the Sarasota Association of Realtors.