Nine area manufacturers are finalists for statewide awards.
Nine Gulf Coast manufacturers are among 27 finalists for the Florida Sterling Council’s Manufacturing Business Excellence Awards.
The awards will be handed out at a June 1 ceremony in Orlando presented by the Florida Sterling Council, a public/private nonprofit corporation dedicated to improving performance and productivity in Florida’s manufacturing sector, and FloridaMakes, an industry-led public/private partnership.
According to a press release, the council’s trained examiners evaluated the companies according to six criteria: leadership; strategic planning; customers; measurement; analysis and knowledge management, workforce; and operations. Gulf Coast companies that have been named finalists for the awards include:
- Seaway Plastics Engineering, New Port Richey
- Actron Entities Inc., Clearwater
- RND Automation & Engineering, Sarasota
- Hydro-Dyne Engineering Inc., Clearwater
- Apollo Sunguard Systems Inc., Sarasota
- Architectural Metal Flashings, Cape Coral
- JTD Enterprises Inc., Lutz
- Pro-Tools, Temple Terrace
- Trilogy Laboratories, Fort Myers