The Boys and Girls Clubs of Sarasota and Desoto Counties made the announcements at its board reception night.
SARASOTA — The Boys and Girls Clubs of Sarasota and Desoto Counties board recently announced the 2021-22 executive team. The announcement includes two new officers.
The new executive team includes:
- Chair Meghan Serrano, Shumaker, Loop and Kendrick, LLP.
- Chair-Elect Ken Freeman, Gartner Executive Programs.
- Treasurer David Arch, Blistex Inc.
- Immediate Past-Chair Lee DeLieto, Michael Saunders and Co.
Additionally, Alex Moragne with Synovus Trust Co. and Kaitlyn Perez, with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, were introduced as new board officers. The announcement was made at the board reception Sept. 30. The Boys and Girls Clubs also presented the new foundation board of directors for 2021-22, which includes:
- Chair Neil McCurry, Sabal Palm Bank.
- Chair-Elect Steven Townsend, community volunteer.
- Secretary Christine Davis, Crews Bank and Trust.
- Treasurer Alexandra Armstrong, Armstrong, Fleming & Moore Inc.
- Immediate Past-Chair Brian Palmer, Palmer Accounting Group, PA.
The $14.1 million nonprofit has been around since 1970 providing after-school and summer programs for anyone aged 6-18 in Sarasota, Venice, North Port and Arcadia. A release states that the programs are designed to empower youth to excel in school, become leaders, adopt healthy habits and create plans for success after high school graduation.